Well as you know I spent the Christmas weekend in TO and I got the chance to do a bit of Christmas giving of my own. On the 24th after we finished up at the Conference, while I was waiting for my DH to return I decided to call my oldest brother who happens to be going through a rough time right now - seperated and on the way to divorce from his wife of 17 years.
Anyway he is on his own and definately finding it difficult at this time of year. I decided that we would go and see him as he is in the GTA. I didn't previously tell him I would be in the area as it was unclear if I could make it and I didn't want to upset him. Well, when I called and dropped the bomb that I was coming there was such a heavy silence I am sure you could have knocked him over with a feather. I heard the catch in his voice as he struggled to keep it all together. After I got the directions to his new place I hung up and we prepared to go out for dinner and head to his house. BTW food ended upbeing Indian LOL. So off we go to Brampton. I refused to go to his house empty handed (we only give to the kids now) So I make DH search out a Shoppers where I promptly dropped some $60.00 in Christmas goodies.
When I get to his apartment and unload my stuff I give my dear big brother a huge hug and ask him if he was ok? His answer.... "I am now that you are here" Talk about your heart squeeze!!!! Little did I know that after I had spoken to him he had called my Mother and the floodgates opened. He was so excited and emotional that I would take the time away from the conference to visit him on Christmas Eve. Mom told me that he had said if I had told him I couldn't drive to Brampton he would have drove downtown to see us. Ahhhh DB I do love you and so wish that you weren't going through all this crap!!!
2 comments:
Aaaaw, honey... I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your brother. You're a wonderful person, Debbie, and your love for your family shines through in all that you do.
Happy New Year to you. Wishing you many blessings in 2006.
Family is what it is all about eh. Glad you got to share the greatest gift (time with family) with your bro.
Post a Comment