Wednesday, September 26

1st PreNatal Visit

WOW that was fast and totally unexpected!!!!

On Monday I personally took my Family Dr. referral for my OB GYN ( gotta do it that way if she hasn't seen you in the last year and my family Dr. takes care of everything for me) I was about to book the apt, thinking I wouldn't get in until just before or shortly after the 12th week.

Anyway turns out they had a bunch of no shows on Monday am so they decided to see me right away. Everthing was basically routine EXCEPT All the talk about the potential risks at my age...OK don't want to hear it even though I know they have to tell me. But this is my theory....Never any drugs or smoking, no alchol, I live a clean and healthy life with only 1 partner. I am blessed with 2 healthy children and this is not my 1st pregnancy and we are God fearing people. So I am thinking the odds are in my favour.

In any case ANY test I do will give me a poistive result due to my age and the only conclusive test is the Amino which carries its own set of risks. So what do I do??? Leave it in the hands of God and trust in His will.

So my first Ultrasound is booked for the 15th of Oct. and then the next OB apt will be on the 20th of Nov. At that time if all goes well we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat.

I am feeling fine but fairly tired and already feeling bloated oh and I am not sleeping the greatest these days. Not sure what is up with that?!

I have also started some early nesting... just feeling like I have to get my ducks in a row so as not to stress myself or the family. So what have I been up to??? Well on Sunday we went to Rona and I dropped some $500.00 for lights for the house. Then on Monday, after discovering I would have to do some painting in the dining room before putting up the sconce lights, I painted the whole dining room. Have to say I was even especially meticulus as well and even taped everything before I started. And gosh was I good LOL didn't even use a drop cloth and didn't lose a drop of paint!!!

On Tuesday I sanded the front door and then cleaned the garage, no worries I am not lifting anything heavy. I even cleaned DH's work benched and sorted and threw out stuff. It looks amazing in there now.

Today I worked for 6 hours and then came home totally busted so I slept for 1.5 hours then I wiped down and dried the front door and then I put on the primer coat of paint. Thinking I will have to wait until Friday before I put on the second coat and can hopefully pain on saturday or sunday.

So what else is on my list????
-Put the garden to bed which will include some serious weeding and moving around trees.
-Paint DD's room from the original baby colours
-Paint the breakfast room
-Wash the walls of the living room
-Organize and clean up the basement and storage room
and THEN scrap like crazy to see how caught up I can get!!!!!

Sure hope I am not being over ambitious lol. Thats the list and I will likely add to it but I will also see how my enery holds up.

On another note my brother has been in town since mid August - posted here by the military. He came alone, so he is doing the seperation posting and living downtown while his wife in still down east. He has been spending a lot of time with us and we are loving it. He is telling me to take advantage of it as much as possible cause if a position comes up down east he will take it and leave the military. So what has he been up to??? Well my deck has been designed and completed in that time. He did a beautiful job, now we just have to put the stain on. We are totally loving it. Will post pictures soon. :o)

So what else is on his list???
- fix my fence - some posts have heaved
- change the lighting fixture at the back of the house
- tighten up the kids play structure DONE
- might help me with some gardening, especially the trees
- complete the bathroom in the basement
- rearrange my laundry room and put down some flooring
- put up a few walls in the basement as we will need to re-locate the guest room
- Relocate a tree in the back yard DONE

Gosh that is a long list so far sure hope we can do most of it before he goes back home!!!! Don't you just love family who are handy???

Well I think this is a long enough post for now. Will check in soon, Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Mellisa said...

OMG - I dont think I have done that much ALL YEAR!!!! lol You and Katie could make some sort of nesting business between the two of you ... just means you can never be 'unpregnant' again! lol

Anonymous said...

OMG, you put me to shame! :S :(

Good for you for getting so much done! Holy man, you are incredible! No wonder you're tired. lol

Marlene said...

You have been a busy one! I think you need to rest now and let that baby grow - lol.